Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Carol Service

This event was very well attended and was enjoyed by all. Well that was the feedback from most of the carolers. The children in my opinion stole the show and it is always great to see young ones smiling and singing, albeit for a selection box.
Thanks should go to the people who did the readings, Jane, Steve, Geraldine and myself Phil.
Special thanks should also go to David Hill our organist who also gave a splendid solo on the flute. Thank you David it was wonderful and we all wish you well for your forthcoming operation on New Years Eve.
Gaynor Mullins thanked the tireless efforts of the committee who have done a lot of work behind the scenes throughout 2008. She also made it quite clear that the church is not just the members but also the people who just turn up for the various services that keeps this church open, if you don't turn up we would not be able to keep the doors open.
May I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was lovely ,smashing ,lovely

Anonymous said...

Mama Mia when I thanked David for the music I had psychic amnesia and forgot about the flute. I meant to tell him that I found the first piece very moonlit night time shepherd with rocks. Magic.

What a funny time to have an operation. I don`t suppose he`ll be seeing any yellow birds but given the date he might see a timorous little mouse or a piper or two.

Anonymous said...

Dear Twankey
You were given a message last Sunday that Santa had cleared his flight path for tonight with your local airport and that he would be doing Grangetown first.
I was going to ask you to clear the mistletoe from the trees in Corporation Road because it spooks us reindeer. However I see it has now been cleared and I hope you got a good price for it down Splott market. However as team leader I do still have one small favour to ask you. In our annual worldwide journey we encounter a number of problems. In the Grangetown area we have in the past encountered a strange noise that we usually only hear in places like the Rockies where there are grizzlies who make growly noises. This tends to throw our postitioning senses a bit and causes delays. I have now been able to more or less pinpoint the source of the noise in Grangetown and it is coming from a radius of 400 yards of the Post Office.
I wonder if I could ask you to do what you can to obliterate this sound. Could You arrange for all the people to turn their TVs up loud or stand in the street and do the okie cokie or something please?

Santa and I would really appreciate your help with this. Oh and one last thing. A glass of milk is nice but a pint of Brains is better and that`s really why he likes to start at that end of Cardiff.

Just to authenticate this message I can inform you that we once left a pair of green shoelaces for Trevor Ford which he wore in many matches. We left them for some of the rest of the team but I think they must have sold them on Ebay because no one else wore them.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I am not moving for anybody